Thursday, July 3, 2008

Cutting Back is Hard to Do


When I first started working this summer I use to go to Starbucks and get a small vanilla bean frappuccino every Wednesday and Friday during my lunch break, not to mention the Starbucks runs with Vashti on the weekends. I have since cut back due to gas prices, but it seems that I am not the only one. Many Americans have cut back on their Starbucks coffee intake, although some are slightly addicted and can't seem to shake their habit lol. Even Starbucks is cutting back by getting rid of 600 Starbucks Cafes nationwide. I mean 600 sounds like a lot but when you think about how many Starbucks there really are, its not. In D.C. there is one Starbucks per city block near the White House. They have oversaturated the market with the gorilla business tactics and plans of world domination, but now they are paying the price. With a slowing economy and sky high gas prices, a $3.69 medium cappuccino or a small vanilla bean frap at $3.10,many Americans are fiiling their gas tanks instead of there bellies.
-Doe Chee$e

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...